In compliance with federal regulations, research involving the use of animals conducted at Kent State University must be reviewed by the IACUC. In addition, all personnel working on projects that involve the use of animals must complete the following online training programs before IACUC approval is granted:
**For Additional Assistance Regarding the E-Learning Website Please Visit the help page
| 1. ONLINE Occupational Health and Safety Training
- Visit the Kent State University E-Learning website.
- Log in to the E-Learning Portal (For additional details about logging on to, and navigating through the training visit our help page).
- Click on "Take a Course".
- Select the course titled "IACUC Occupational Health and Safety Program".
- Complete the course by reviewing all of the pages and scoring a 70% or higher on the final quiz.
- Select either "I want to receive a health evaluation at the DeWeese Health Center (recommended)" or "I do not want to receive a health evaluation at the DeWeese Health Center".
To receive a health evaluation, follow these steps:
- Schedule an appointment at the DeWeese Health Center - 330-672-2322.
- Take a copy of your immunization record to your appointment.
- Take a copy of the Animal Care and Use Health Questionnaire to your appointment. DeWeese Health Center keeps the Animal Care and Use Questionnaire for inclusion into your files. The Compliance Office will confirm your participation with DeWeese Health Center.
|2. Animal Care and Use Training