Use the new COS Pivot quick search tool for an instant list of funding opportunities in your area of focus
Identifying Faculty and Staff Interests
We are available to meet with faculty and staff to discuss research or other project interests and to suggest potential funding sources to support those interests. As they begin their university tenure, new faculty and staff should schedule an appointment with a member of the Sponsored Programs Office, who can search for relevant funding information. To schedule a meeting call the office at 330-672-2070 (22070 campus phone) or send an email.
Funding Opportunity Information
Sponsored Programs monitors a wide range of publications advertising funding opportunities and distributes notices to faculty that match their interests. We also house a reference library containing information on the federal and non-federal programs that provide opportunities for support. Applications for these programs are also available in the office.
- COS Pivot Funding Opportunities Database- The Funding Opportunities Database currently contains over 26,000 records representing over $33 billion in funding. Individuals can create and save searches in their COS Pivot account, specifying any combination of keywords and other search criteria. Use any keywords in the quick search toolbar above to conduct a query of funding opportunities.
- COS Pivot E-mail Funding Alert matches funding opportunities with researchers' interests listed in their profile, notifying these researchers weekly of available opportunities. Users can also specify what information they would like their alert e-mails to include, establish default search criteria that apply to each search topic, establish weekly email alerts for saved searches, view archives of their weekly alert results, manage their COS keyword collection, and turn the alert e-mail feature on and off.
- The COS Pivot Support page has instructional materials and tutorials for the various services offered by COS.
- The COS Pivot Profiles Database is the premier database of first-person profiles of researchers at leading universities and other institutions involved in basic or applied research. It includes nearly 3 million profiles from 75 countries and 2,100 universities.
- To view Federal Agency Opportunities Due within 90 Days, click the COS link below for the agency of interest.
Grants.gov is a portal designed to locate and apply for funding from federal agencies. Grants.gov has been designed to make it easier for organizations to find and apply for more than $500 billion in federal grants. With electronic access to more than 1,000 grant programs offered by all federal grant-making agencies, Grants.gov leverages the power of the Web to streamline your grant acquisition process.
- Funding Opportunity Listservs - Additionally, funding opportunity listservs are used to distribute funding opportunities that may be of interest to faculty. Listserv categories include the Sciences, Social Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science, Education, Business, Public Health and Arts & Humanities. Faculty and staff may request to be added to any of these listservs by contacting Rebecca Hayes and specifying the category of their choice.