- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Campus Interpreter Requests
Faculty, staff, and our Kent community can request interpreting services for events by completing our online request form.
Please familiarize yourself with the information below. The interpreting policies are consistent with the interpreting field.
SAS will look at the length and complexity of the assignment and determine the number of interpreters needed to ensure top-quality interpretation for deaf and hard of hearing clients and to maintain the occupational safety standards of our interpreters.
SAS provides highly skilled, certified, and experienced interpreters.
- Complete our online interpreter request form.
- Once your request is received, an interpreter coordinator will review it and will contact you if additional information is needed.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation when an interpreter is assigned with the interpreter's name(s).
- SAS will process invoices using banner finance inter-departmental charges. Please enter your department index number on the online request form. If applicable, mileage rates will be processed as Expense Reimbursements. If you have any billing questions, please contact Shannon Cowling, email@example.com.
- Fee: $45.00 per hour/per interpreter per hour. Each additional hour is billed in .25 increments.
- SAS will make every effort to coordinate staff interpreters for your request. If SAS must coordinate part-time interpreters, we will assess the 2 hour minimum standard fee.
- Cancellation Policy: SAS requires a notice of cancellation two full business days (48 hours) before a scheduled assignment; otherwise, payment in full is expected. All cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PARKING: SAS will provide a 1 day permit for interpreters if they do not have a semester pass.
- MILEAGE: Interpreters required to travel off campus will be reimbursed mileage according to the Kent State University reimbursement policy.
ALL REQUEST FORMS RECEIVED ARE CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS FOR SERVICE
Thank you for your request and we look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.