The SI Program is hiring for CHEM 10061 & ECON 22060! Please visit www.kent.edu/si/jobs for more info!
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is an international program offered by the Academic Success Center that provides peer-facilitated group study sessions for students enrolled in large, high-risk courses (30% D, F, and withdrawal rate).
One difference between SI and other tutoring services is that SI leaders attend class along with the students they are tutoring. Each SI leader has already taken the course and earned an A or A-. Sessions are offered multiple times each week. SI is voluntary, free, and available to students on a drop-in basis.
Announcements about SI are made in targeted classes during the first week of classes, and sessions continue throughout the semester. SI sessions provide students with course-specific learning and study strategies, note taking and test taking skills, and the opportunity to study with peers.
207 Schwartz Center
Find Help In...
- Human Biology (Hoeh)
- Human Biology (De)
- Human Biology (Dorman)
- Biological Diversity (Kershner)
- Biological Diversity (Bade)
- Biological Diversity (Rocha)
- Bio. Foundations (Marcinkiewicz)
- Bio. Foundations (Tinkler)
- Structure & Function (Grampa)
- Structure & Function (Vash)
- Basic Microbiology (Valverde-Barrantes)
- Cell Biology (Kline)
- Ele. of Genetics (Piontkivska)
- Fund. of Chemistry (Stroup)
- Fund. of Chemistry (Datta)
- Intro to Organic Chemistry (Subramanian)
- General Chemistry I (Ekanayake)
- General Chemistry I (Leslie)
- General Chemistry I (Bowers)
- General Chemistry I (Hegmann)
- General Chemistry II (Even)
- Basic Organic Chemistry I (Subramanian)
- Prin. of Microeconomics (Creswell)
- Prin. of Microeconomics (Rohlin)
- Prin. of Microeconomics (Giermann)
- Prin. of Microeconomics (Reynolds)