We're now accepting SI Leader applications for fall 2014! Please visit our jobs page, or e-mail us for more information!
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is an international program offered by the Academic Success Center that provides free, peer-facilitated group study sessions for certain large, historically difficult courses (30% D, F, and withdrawal rate).
One difference between SI and other tutoring services is that SI leaders attend class along with the students they are supporting. Each SI leader has already taken the course and earned an A or A-. Sessions are offered multiple times each week. SI is voluntary, free of charge, and available to students on a drop-in basis.
Announcements about SI are made in targeted classes during the first week of classes, and sessions continue throughout the semester. SI sessions provide students with course-specific learning and study strategies, note taking and test taking skills, and the opportunity to study with peers.
207 Schwartz Center
Find SI sessions for...
- Human Biology (Hoeh)
- Human Biology (Leff)
- Human Biology (Chou)
- Biological Diversity, (Kershner)
- Biological Foundations (Dorman)
- Biological Structure and Function (Vash)
- Basic Microbiology (Leff)
- Cell Biology (Kline)
- Elements of Genetics (Piontkivska)
- Elements of Genetics (Fraizer)
- Fundamentals of Chemistry (Datta)
- Fundamentals of Chemistry (Bowers)
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry (Subramanian)
- General Chemistry I (Leslie)
- General Chemistry I (Ekanayake)
- General Chemistry II (Dunietz)
- General Chemistry II (Bowers)
- General Chemistry II (Even)
- Basic Organic Chemistry I (Subramanian)
- Basic Organic Chemistry II (Hegmann)
- Principles of Microeconomics (Rohlin)
- Principles of Microeconomics (Giermann)
- Principles of Microeconomics (Wilson)
- Principles of Microeconomics (Creswell)
- Principles of Microeconomics (Leontyeva)