- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Advanced Study in Library and Information Science (Post Master’s) Graduate Certificate Admissions
- January 15: Summer semester
- March 15: Fall semester
- September 15: Spring semester
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for all semesters. All application materials, including test scores, should be received by the deadline for optimal course registration. Applications received after the indicated semester deadline will be considered on a space-available basis. Please contact the School's office to determine the possibility of late submission if your application file will not be completed in time.
- Domestic applicants must hold a master's degree in library and information science or information science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association, or a master's degree in a related field.
- International applicants must hold a master's degree in library and information science or information science.
- Applicants should have at least two years of professional experience since completing their master’s degree.
- Applicants with fewer than two years of work experience may submit a petition to the School explaining why an exception should be made.
- International students must submit English Language Proficiency scores.
- For specific information for international students, please refer to the School of Library and Information Science International Student Admissions page. Also, the International Application Page provides a checklist of additional requirements.
- Official Transcripts
- Online University Application
- Letters of Recommendation (3 references required)
- Writing Sample
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- A Personal Interview (if requested by School)
All admissions materials may be submitted via email or U.S. mail to Graduate Studies. Please visit the application materials page for more information.
Note: In order to be compliant with federal and state laws related to online education and consumer protection, Kent State University may not be able offer online programs to students residing in certain states. In addition, some state laws may impose limitations that could affect a program of study, including inability to offer on-ground internships. Since this compliance undergoes continuous updates, non-Ohio residents interested in pursuing any School of Library and Information Science programs are advised to consult official Kent State information on state authorization before applying to this program.