Courses & Schedules
On this page:
How to: Course and Workshop Registration
Please contact email@example.com or 330-672-2782 with any questions.
- A link to the current workshop schedule appears below. For the most current course and workshop schedule, visit the Registrar's Schedule of Classes search page.
(You can also use the Look Up Classes function in FlashLine under the Student Tools & Courses tab to find the date / time of each course and workshop.)
2. To view the MOST CURRENT course and workshop schedule for the current (or next) semester, visit the Registrar's Schedule of Classes search page. (Note: This is a "view only" option. You must go into FlashLine to register for classes.)
- Summer 2013 Workshop Schedule
- When you get to this schedule search page, you will first select the semester, then choose Detailed Class Search.
- To look at all of the courses and workshops offered, select Subject: Library and Information Science and/or Information Architecture and Knowledge Management and Level: Graduate and then the Class Search option at the bottom of the page. This will list all LIS and IAKM courses and workshops. Workshops will be at the top of the list.
- To register for classes and workshops, you will then log into FlashLine > Student Tools & Courses tab > Add or Drop Classes.
NOTE: All SLIS courses and workshops will be listed under the Kent Campus regardless of the class location.
Building and room locations have been added for the non-Kent sites as follows:
- WEB COURSE = course is entirely online; no classroom meetings
- XAK SITE = Akron, OH
- XCE SITE = Cleveland, OH
- XCL SITE = State Library of Ohio in Columbus, OH
- OFF SITE = another site other than Kent campus, State Library of Ohio, and DL sites listed above.
Pay attention to the detailed information text at the bottom of some courses. It will provide additional information about class locations, courses with registration criteria or required special approval, and recommended prerequisites.
By clicking on the course number/section, you will find a list of any prerequisite courses.
The Registration Deadlines column at the far right will show you:
- Section Start Date
- Section End Date
- Last Day to Add
- Last Day to Drop
- Last Day to Withdraw
- Percentage of Tuition Credit if the course is dropped
Remember that you must fill out a Request for Workshop Credit form and have it signed by your advisor prior to registering for a workshop. You should also review the Workshop Course Overlap List. Please note that currently there is no waitlisting for workshops.
The waitlist for Library and Information Science courses only (not workshops or IAKM courses) will be done using the Waitlist form on this website. You will NOT waitlist through FlashLine.
To add yourself to the waitlist for a course, you will need to know your FlashLine user name and the CRN of the class(es) for which you want to register. Waitlisting will be available on the first day of registration.
Some SLIS courses require special approval from a faculty member prior to registration. Generally, the courses that may require special approval are LIS 60607, LIS 60624 and LIS 60630. Other courses may also be designated for special approval on the Detailed Course Schedule.
If you would like to register for one of these courses, please complete the Special Class Approval form. As with the waitlisting process, you will need to know your FlashLine user name and the CRN of the class(es) for which you wish to register. Special Approval requests will be accessible on the first day of registration.
The Course Rotations linked below list all LIS courses and the semester(s) in which these courses are typically offered:
- Instructional Technology Graduate Program Rotation (K-12 School Library licensure)
For online courses and some on-site courses, Kent State University uses Blackboard Learn as its course management system, providing enhanced student learning through the delivery of high quality, online education. Students can access Blackboard through their FlashLine account under the Student Tools & Courses tab.
For more information on Blackboard, visit http://www.kent.edu/blackboard/student/index.cfm.
For more information about how to succeed in online courses, visit the Learn Online section of this site.