Miriam Matteson, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. (Information Studies), University of Maryland
- C.A.S. (Library and Information Science), University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- M.L.S., Indiana University
- B.S. (Music), Indiana University
- Reference and Instruction Librarian, University of Maryland University College
- Adjunct Instruction, The Catholic University of America, School of Library and Information Science
- Assistant to the Director, Universidad Simon Bolivar, Caracas, Venezuela
- Librarian, A.T. Kearney de Venezuela
- Sound Recordings Cataloger, Indiana University Music Library
Courses Taught by Dr. Matteson
- 60601 Information Sources and Reference Services
- 60610 Management of Libraries and Information Centers
- 60615 The Academic Library
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
Selected Refereed Publications
- Matteson, M. L. (2013). The whole student: Cognition, emotion, and information literacy. College and Research Libraries. Accepted September 25, 2013. Anticipated publication January 1, 2015. Preprint available http://crl.acrl.org/content/early/2013/10/23/crl13-533.full.pdf+html
- Matteson, M. L. (2013). Capturing shared mental models: An approach for bona fide groups. Journal of Librarianship and Information Science. Available http://lis.sagepub.com/content/early/2013/08/14/0961000613499362.abstract
- Matteson, M. L., Schlueter, E., & Hidy, M. (2013). Continuing education in library management: Challenges and opportunities. Library Management, 34(3). Available http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?issn=0143-5124&volume=34&issue=3&articleid=17083453
- Matteson,M. L., & Miller, S. S., (2012). A study of emotional labor in librarianship. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.lisr.2012.07.005
- Matteson, M. L., & Miller, S. S., (2012). Emotional labor in librarianship: A research agenda. Library and Information Science Research, 34(3), 176-183.
- Matteson, M. L., Salamon, J., & Brewster, L. (2011). A systematic review of research on live chat service. Reference and User Services Quarterly, 51(3).
- Matteson, M. (2011). The research habits of graduate students and faculty: Is there a need for reference sources? In S. Polanka, (Ed.), E-Reference context and discoverability in libraries: Issues and concepts. IGI Global.
- Matteson, M. L. (2010). The impact of group interaction on shared cognition: An analysis of small group communication. Advances in Library Administration and Organization, 29, 37-106.
- Jaeger, P. T., & Matteson, M. L. (2009). e-Government and technology Acceptance: The case of the implementation of Section 508 guidelines for websites. Electronic Journal of E-Government, 7(1).
- Matteson, M. L. (2008). Integrating theory and practice: The role of the professional library association. Library Administration & Management 22(1).
- White, M. D., Matteson, M. L., & Abels, E. (2008). Beyond dictionaries: Understanding the information needs and information seeking behaviors of professional translators.Journal of Documentation, 64(4).
- Matteson, M. L., Nichols, M. A., Salaba, A., & Zhang, Y. (2014). Student perceptions of course delivery format: A challenge for excellence. Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE) Conference, January 2014, Philadelphia, PA.
- Matteson, M. L., & Gersch, B. (2013). Institutional support for information literacy initiatives. Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) Annual Conference, October 2013, North Canton, OH.
- Matteson, M. L., & Farooq, O. (2013). Feeling our way: Emotional intelligence and information literacy competency. Association for College and Research Libraries (ACRL) Annual Conference, April 2013, Indianapolis, IN.
- Matteson, M. L., Miller, S. S. (2012). Emotions at work: An examination of emotional labor in librarianship. Library Research Round Table, American Library Association Annual Conference. June 23, 2012, Anaheim, CA.
- Matteson, M. L. (2012). Emotional labor in libraries: Exploring measures and methods. 4th International Conference on Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries. May 22-25, 2012, Limerick, Ireland.
- Library Management
- Groups & Teams in Libraries / Small Group Communication
- Information Literacy
- Academic Libraries
OFFICESchool of Library and Information Science
274 E. First Ave.
Spring 2014 office hours:
CONTACT INFOPhone: 614-291-1006
COURSES TEACHINGSpring 2014
- LIS 60610 - 002 Mngmt Libraries And Info Cntrs
- LIS 60615 - 001 The Academic Library
- LIS 60670 - 058 Culminating Experience
- LIS 50693 - 008 Wksp : Dev Research Agenda
- LIS 60670 - 028 Culminating Experience
- LIS 60610 - 001 Mngmt Libraries And Info Cntrs
- LIS 61095 - 010 St : Information Literacy
- LIS 81095 - 010 St : Information Literacy