Director of the Center for the Study of Gender and Sexuality
- “Red Umbrella Rights,” director, executive producer, camera and editor, (2017), 58 min.
- "Highland Lives," director, executive producer, camera and editor, (2014), 28 min.
- "Country Crush," director, executive producer, editor, director of photography, camera and sound, (2009), 58 min.
- "Invisible Struggles: Stories of Northern Segregation," director, executive producer, camera and editor, (2006), 52 min.
- "Women Who Flew," co-director, co-producer, and co-editor with Tom Baumann, (1994), 10 min. - http://www.fromthesquare.org/wasps-still-fighting-for-recognition/#.WHPbQrFh2i4
- "Queens of Columbus: Performance and the art of Illusion," Writer, co-director, off-line editor, and co-producer with Tom Baumann and Andy Gardner, (1992), 30 min.
- Ethnografilm Organizing Committee http://www.ethnografilm.com
- Journal of Video Ethnography Editorial Board http://www.videoethno.com
- International Visual Sociology Association Board Member http://visualsociology.org
Research and Teaching Interests
- Visual Sociology
- Gender and Sexuality
- LGBTQ Studies
- Women’s Studies
- Ethnographic Film
- Public Sociology
Education:Ph.D., Bowling Green State University, 1995. American Culture Studies.M.A., The Ohio State University, 1988. Journalism-Public Relations.B.A., Ashland University, 1985. Creative Writing, English and Psychology.
Publications:“Nadezhda Popova: Hero of the Soviet Union,” in Holocaust Heroes: Fierce Females, exhibit book edited by Linda Stein, Foreword by Gloria Steinem, Old City Publishing, Philadelphia, PA, 2016.“Queering the Academy: A Case Approach to LGBTQ Studies,” with K. G. Valente, in Expanding the Circle: the LGBTQ University, John Hawley, ed., SUNY Press, 2015.“Invisible Struggles: A Civil Rights Project Impacts Classroom and Community,” with Kenneth J. Bindas, Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement, Vol. 12, No. 3 (2008)."Out of the Shadows: Informal Segregation in Warren, Ohio, 1954-1964," With Kenneth J. Bindas, northeast Ohio Journal of History (Spring 2006).“Documenting Prejudice: Using Video to Reveal Hidden Truths,” in Freedom and Prejudice: Approaches to Media and Culture, Süheyla Kirca Schroeder and LuEtt Hanson, Eds, Istanbul, Turkey: Bahçesehir University Press (2008), pp. 223-229.Clipped Wings: The Rise and Fall of the Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPS) of World War II, New York: New York University Press (1997; paperback 2001);