Academic advising at Kent State University supports the teaching and learning mission of the university by helping students understand the value of achieving their educational goals.
Advising is an on-going partnership among students, advisors and the university community. Kent State University at Stark offers extensive academic advising services with full-time professional academic advisors, as well as specially trained faculty advisors, to assist students.
May 22 - July 28
Monday - Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Beginning July 31
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Advising Services will be closed May 29 and July 4.
- Advising Services will be closed from 3 - 4:30 p.m. on the following Fridays: June 16, July 21 and August 18.
Meet with an Academic Advisor
Freshmen and sophomores are required to meet with an advisor once per semester. Juniors and seniors are required to meet with an advisor once per year.
- New students must be admitted and have taken any required placement tests before meeting with an advisor.
- College Credit Plus students should schedule appointments with their advisors here.
- New Freshmen age 20 or younger are required to attend First Step, our first year advising and registration program. Do not make an appointment with an advisor. Make your reservation for First Step here.
SCHEDULE ADVISING APPOINTMENT
Or, if you prefer, you can call the Office of Student Services at 330-244-3251 to schedule an advising appointment.
FALL 2017 Walk-In Advising Dates
During walk-in advising, you can meet with an academic advisor without having an appointment. Students must be admitted prior to participating in walk-in advising.
|Wednesday, Aug. 16||8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday, Aug. 24||8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Monday, Aug. 28||8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday, Aug. 29||8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.|