Faculty Class Absences
Before Missing Class
If you are unable to be present to teach any of your classes for health reasons, you need to contact the Office of Academic Affairs as soon as possible so that your classes can be covered (if possible) and the cancellation of your classes can be posted on the website and campus monitors.
How to Notify Academic Affairs of Your Absence:
Email (from your kent.edu email) your absence notifications to the following individuals:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Bathi Kasturiarchi
- email@example.com - Shanna Kuikahi
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Debbie Schneider
- email@example.com - Rae Ann Franks
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Julie Spotts
If you are unable to email, call Academic Affairs at 330-244-3221 or 330-244-3209. Keep in mind that if you leave a voicemail message, your message may not be retrieved that day.
Report Your Sick Leave in FlashLine
It is your responsibility to report your sick leave to Human Resources through FlashLine.
FlashLine > Employee / Dashboard / Leave Reporting
Where We Post Class Cancellations:
- Campus Monitors
- Class Cancellations website