Destination Kent State
Welcome to Kent State University!
Destination Kent State (DKS) is a three-step orientation program that includes Advising and Registration, Welcome Weekend and the First Year Experience course. The Advising and Registration portion is an overnight orientation for new first year students. Students will be given the opportunity to connect with other students, become familiar with campus, get their official Kent State Flashcard, meet with an academic advisor and register for fall classes. In addition, we welcome parents and guest to attend DKS to learn more about Kent State University including, financial aid, residence services, strategies to help their students make a smooth transition to college life.GETTING STARTED
- It is easy to register for DKS by logging into your Flashline account and following your Next Steps Checklist. Please remember the University enrollment fee is due either before, or at the time of registration.
- Registration begins March 1st .
- There are 25 DKS programs starting on June 2nd and ending on July 16th. You will select one.
- On the day of your visit, check in at Eastway Center Residence Halls, 1375 Eastway Drive, between 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. Bring your overnight items to check-in. Use the GPS address 1450 Petrarca Drive, Kent, OH. 44243.
- Parking is available across from Eastway in the S-40 lot - use your Destination Kent State Parking Pass which can be found in your confirmation email or downloaded from the link on this page.
- Read and download the DKS guide below.
Welcome! We are glad you are here!
Here is a quick look at last year's KSU Orientation Leaders - The Flashguides!
Meet the Flashguides Gold Team
Meet the Flashguides Blue Team
Use Internet Explorer when registering for Destination Kent State.