- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
The Early Alert System is available for faculty and staff during the fall and spring semesters to identify areas of academic concern for undergraduate students. This submission page allows STAFF MEMBERS ONLY a way to share information with the Student Success Programs staff so that additional referrals can be provided. This mechanism is for non-teaching STAFF members ONLY. Instructors, should continue to use the Early Alert referral system in FlashLine.
The system is designed to provide faculty and staff with a way to connect with campus constituents in order to best support students in these areas:
- Difficulty comprehending course material
- Poor performance on exams or assignments
- Poor class attendance
- Missing assignments
The Early Alert System is not an appropriate method of communication for concerns regarding student's mental health or safety. If you are concerned about the immediate safety of an individual or the safety of others, please call 9-1-1.
Mental health resources are available for faculty and staff members through the Step Up Speak Out initiative.
If a student is experiencing difficulties and you think they may benefit from a referral to a mental health professional you may consult with or refer the student to:
- Psychological Services in the DeWeese Health Center (330-672-2487)
- The Counseling and Human Development Center through the College of Education, Health and Human Services in White Hall (330-672-2208)
- The Psychological Clinic through the Department of Psychology in Kent Hall (330-672-2372)
Psychological Services is the primary counseling unit for students on campus but the other two clinics are options as well; the other two clinics are not set up to assist students in crisis.
If you are concerned about a student's behavior beyond traditional work hours (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm) and feel someone should talk with the student at that time, call 330-672-2212 (non-emergency number for KSU Police) to report the behavior and an officer will follow up.
If you have a student who could benefit from additional support, please complete the following referral. This mechanism is for non-teaching STAFF members ONLY. Instructors, should continue to use the Early Alert referral system in FlashLine.
Thank you for your commitment to assisting students in their success. You may also contact Student Success Programs to inquire more about Early Alert at email@example.com.