Kent State - VITA
Now accepting volunteers for preparation of 2013 tax returns.
Visit the volunteer page for more information.
Kent State - VITA provides tax preparation assistance to low-to moderate-income taxpayers, including non-residents of the United States. To qualify to receive free tax preparation services, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Total household income (wages and other earnings of both spouses, if joint filing) of $51,000 or less
2. Have income & earnings that the IRS VITA program allows us to prepare
For additional information, contact Paula DiVencenzo at 330-672-8622 or email@example.com.
2013 Return Preperation Dates
* March 15, 2014
* April 5, 2014
Saturday sessions are held from 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Weekday appointments depend upon volunteer availability and are by appointment only.
Items you need to bring
To have your tax return(s) prepared at a VITA or TCE site you need to bring the following information with you:
- Proof of identification – Picture ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration or
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
Site Location-Saturday Sessions
The Kent State - VITA Saturday Sessions are held in the computer labs in the College of Business. The building is located at 475 Terrace Drive and is known as the Business Administration Building. The building is at the corner of Summit and Terrace, east of the water tower. Parking is available in the lot off of Terrace.
The labs are located in the Annex on the second floor, rooms A224 and A226. Once in the building, go to the second floor and follow the signs.
We will have signs to guide you to the site, both outside and inside of the building.
Your Civil Rights are protected. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. For more information, please see IRS Publication 4481.
COMMUNITY LEGAL AID
If you cannot pay your taxes due to hardship, you can contact the hotline for free legal aid.
Help Line : 330.672.8655 ; Hours: Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm