With tech help available via phone, chat, the web or a campus walk-up location, Kent State University technology support from Information Services is readily available wherever and whenever you need it.
Support.kent.edu: Your Online Support Portal
Get tech help online by visiting Support.kent.edu. Use the support portal for the following:
- Get answers to tech questions using self-service articles
- Get password, login and FlashLine assistance
- Submit online support requests
- Find and download free and discounted software (including FREE Microsoft Office!)
- Live chat with support staff
330-672-HELP: Your 24/7 Tech Help Line
Contact TechHelp by phone via our technology help line at 330-672-HELP (4357).
Kent Campus Support
TechHelp: Service and Repair Center
The Service and Repair Center provides in-person support for your computers, laptops and tablets. Convenient technology services and support include:
- Hardware repair, installation and part ordering
- Virus and spyware removal
- Software and operating system troubleshooting
- Mobile device and iPad repair
- Data backup and recovery (includes mobile and removable devices)
- Apple- and Dell-authorized warranty service
Most repairs are performed onsite within a short time frame. Walk-ins are welcome - no appointment necessary!
Visit support.kent.edu or call 330-672-TECH (8324).
Tech Help: Tech2You
In cooperation with the Service and Repair Center, Tech2You provides troubleshooting for cable TV and wireless, wired network connection setup and other basic technical support.
Tech2You Semester Hours:
Mon. - Fri.: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Library hours)
Sun. - Sat.: 8 p.m. - midnight
Evening Hours Support
Support is also available in the evening for most residence halls. Tech2You helps students connect to FlashZone, troubleshoot basic computer issues and answer technology questions.
Find more information at support.kent.edu.
TechHelp: Library Technology Helpdesk
The Library Technology Helpdesk, located on the first floor at the Library Reference Desk, provides walk-up assistance for students with basic technology issues.
Technology Helpdesk Semester Hours:
Mon. - Thurs.: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Fri.: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sat.: noon - 5 p.m.
Sun.: 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
University Breaks: Closed
Train Your Brain: Tech Workshops
Information Services offers workshops for students to learn over 30 different technology-related topics. View workshop schedules and enroll in courses at training.kent.edu.
Attend free workshops throughout the semester for topics such as:
Adobe Creative Suite
Google Apps: In addition to an overview of the Google Apps, you can attend in-depth workshops on the following applications
- 3D Modelling using Sketchup
- Social Media with Google Plus
- Introducation to iOS
- Mac Troubleshooting
- PC Troubleshooting
Other useful topics
- Protecting Your Digital Identity
- Creating Accessible Documents
Regional Campus Support
Support for Faculty & Staff
Training Resources: Faculty and staff can receive training on applications developed and supported by Information Services. Training professionals work with clients to develop training materials that address their specific needs.