Diversity Advisory Committee
Kent State University at Trumbull is committed to providing an environment that recognizes the value of bringing together people from a wide range of diverse cultures, backgrounds and ethnicity.
With that in mind, The Diversity Advisory Committee (DAC) is responsible for creating and supporting opportunities for the campus community to get together and experience diversity in all forms via:
- Sponsoring events that celebrate diversity.
- Inviting speakers that focus on diverse topics.
- Developing strategies for bringing diversity into the classroom.
- Increasing efforts to recruit students, faculty and staff with a diverse background.
What is the Regional Campus Diversity Advisory Committee?
Each of the seven regional campuses will have a Diversity Advisory Committee structured on the same basis as the Kent campus. At least one representative from each of the regional campus committees will attend the Kent campus council meetings.
The Role of the Regional Diversity Advisory Committee (RDAC)
- Work closely with the Campus Dean to provide overall leadership on all diversity matters for the Campus.
- Work closely with the Campus Dean to translate Kent State Strategic Diversity Plan into Campus-specific Diversity Action Plan.
- Provide periodic feedback to the Campus Dean on diversity initiatives at other campuses.
- Monitor progress on Strategic Diversity Indicators and prepare annual report on progress
- Present progress report to the vice provost and to the UDAC.
- Communicate regularly with the Office of the Vice President DEI to ensure harmony with the University direction on diversity initiatives.