Proctoring for make-up exams:
Make-up examinations are offered as a courtesy to faculty and students at Kent State University. Students must have faculty permission to make up an exam. Professors' policies differ regarding makeup exams, so be sure to read your syllabus and speak with your professor about your arrangements prior to taking a test. Call 330-675-8802 for make-up exam dates and times.
Proctored testing for Distance Learning:
Although courses are web-based, students need to take some exams in a proctored setting. The Learning Center proctors exams for distance learning as a courtesy to faculty and students. Tests are by appointment only. Call 330-675-8802 for make-up exam dates and times.
- All students MUST make an appointment 48 hours prior to test time by registering at the Learning Center reception desk or by phone at 330-675-8802 or 330-675-8868.
- If you miss your test appointment, you must make arrangements with your professor to take the test.
- Once testing has begun, no student will be admitted to the test room.
- Students must complete the test before the Learning Center closes.
- All students must arrive 15 minutes prior to test time WITH photo ID (KSU FLASHcard, valid driver’s license, state-issued ID card).
- Children are not permitted in the testing room.
- Cell phones are not permitted in the testing room.
These services are not available for non-Kent State University courses.
Testing for students with exam accommodations (Student Accessibility Services)
Before scheduling an exam, Kent State students must first register with Student Accessibility Services. Eligibility for exam accommodations for qualified students with disabilities is determined on a case-by-case basis. Call 330-675-8802 to discuss specific needs.
Exam/Quiz accommodations may include, but are not limited to:
- Distraction-reduced environment
- Extended time
- Reader and/or Scribe
- Alternative format (large print, Braille, etc.)
- Assistive technology (CCTV)
- Use of a computer
- Assistance completing scantron
To schedule, modify or cancel an exam you want to schedule and/or have scheduled to take in the Learning Center, please go to SAS Online Services.