Getting Started for Individual Students
It’s easy to begin the Maintenance Technician Mechanical (MTM), Electrical (MTE), or combined multi-crafted training program! There are a few steps involved that can be completed in person, by telephone, or email.
Needs Assessment – Kent State University at Trumbull will work with students to assess their current skill level and knowledge base. The following criteria are used as a basis for a needs assessment:
- Educational background (i.e.: degree program, certificate courses, etc.)
- Previous mechanical responsibilities
- Current employment experience
- Employment goals
Prior Course Credit – depending on the results of the needs assessment, students may earn course credit for certain courses. Students may also attempt to test out of some subject areas with a pretest (additional fees apply).
Training Plan – Once the needs assessment is completed and any prior course credit is applied, an individual training plan will be created, including suggestions for supplemental reading.
Begin Learning! Students can begin their program at any time. Courses will be provided in small sections to ensure completion in a reasonable amount of time. Students pay as they go (only for courses provided at a given time) and can pay with a credit card, cash, or check.
What to Expect – Throughout the training program, students can expect:
- Support & assistance with any technical difficulties
- Periodic check of academic progress
- Certificate of completion at the end of each course, and at the conclusion of the program
Learn more here: