Guide to Marketing
Guide to Marketing - Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Guide to Marketing Kent State University (pdf)
- Guide to Excellence in Action - Update coming. If you need immediate assistance, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-672-2727.
- Guide to Speeches
- Guide to University Style
- Guide to Visual Standards - Update coming. If you need immediate assistance, e-mail email@example.com or call 330-672-2727.
- Guide to Web Standards - Draft (pdf)
- Guide to Email Marketing - Draft (pdf)
- Guide to Special Event Standards (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- University Logos
University Communications and Marketing conducts annual market research to identify the marketing needs and current positioning of the university. Guided by those findings, we develop a comprehensive communications and marketing plan to build necessary awareness of Kent State's strengths and promote the university's brand identity.
This fifth edition of the Guide to Marketing supports that plan. More than a handbook for individuals and departments involved in promoting Kent State, the guide includes policies, standards and resources necessary for planning and developing integrated marketing efforts throughout the eight-campus network. Integrated marketing efforts include the use of the trademark sentence (i.e., Kent State University, Kent State and KSU are registered trademarks and may not be used without permission.) and the registered logos and taglines in marketing communications. Our efforts to publicize the university's people and programs will be strengthened through the use of consistent, audience-based messages.
These efforts also will be reinforced through the application of clearly defined standards for graphics, photos and other elements of our visual identity, editorial style and special events. Cooperation in adhering to formal policies and standards will help Kent State achieve the Strategic Plan directive to "articulate and promote Kent State's distinct institutional identity."
To support the plan, University Communications and Marketing has compiled the policies, standards and resources presented in this fourth edition of the Guide to Marketing Kent State University.
For information specific to your marketing needs, choose the links from the left-hand navigation to get started. You can also download the full PDF file of the specific Guide to Marketing section from the right-hand side.