Guide to Speeches
Every speech, every presentation, every news release presents Kent State with a significant opportunity to go beyond the immediate purpose of the communication to expand the audience’s understanding of our institution, what we stand for and our vision of the future. This can be accomplished by incorporating the university’s three key messages:
- Key message one: Kent State is a university that changes people’s lives.
- Key message two: Kent State is a university that makes ideas work.
- Key message three: Kent State is a university that is worth caring about.
All speeches and presentations should be structured so these messages can be reflected vividly — using stories about Kent State people and programs wherever possible — in the final product.
- Download the Guide to Speeches (pdf)
- Guide to Speeches: Key Messages
- Guide to Speeches: Making the Most of Your Speech or Presentation
- Guide to Speeches: Practical Tips for Writing and Giving Speeches
- Guide to Speeches: Sample Speech
- Guide to Speeches: Speech Feedback Form
- PowerPoint Templates
- Using Slides Successfully