Guide to Web Standards
In summer 2003 an Administrative Policy Regarding Web Publishing and a Guide to Web Standards were approved. The purpose of these governing documents is to provide consistent guidelines to the development of World Wide Web (Web) resources at Kent State University.
Consistent guidelines are necessary in order to build widespread public awareness of Kent State University's high-quality academic programs and services (promote the university's brand identity) and to ensure those visiting Kent State University through its Web site can easily find the appropriate resources.
University Communications and Marketing is responsible for coordination of the institutional Web site resources, in conjunction with the Division of Information Services. The primary goals of the institutional Web site include:
- Student recruitment: undergraduates and graduates;
- Provision of services and resources to current students and faculty/staff;
- Faculty and staff recruitment;
- Enhancement of connectivity with and among alumni;
- Internal communication;
- Overall advancement of Kent State’s institutional identity on local, regional, national and international level; and
- Support of research, teaching and learning.