For those of you interested in pursuing maintenance of your websites in this easy-to-use system, please email Lin Danes, Director, Web Services and Interactive Media.
Access to CommonSpot is provided as a courtesy of the Division of Information Services.
Beginning & Intermediate User Training, Office Hours
We hold training sessions once a month for new users, users wanting a refresher and those seeking more advanced knowledge. In addition, Web team offers weekly office hours for questions and individualized help.
Upcoming Training Dates
Beginner training is best for those who have never used CommonSpot. It's also a great opportunity to go over concepts you may be a little rusty on. Be sure to also review the CommonSpot manual before attending.
- Wednesday, June 12, 2 - 4 p.m.
- Monday, July 1, 1 - 3 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 9, 1 - 3 p.m.
What You Will Learn
- What is CommonSpot?
- Where do I log in?
- What happens when I first log in?
- How do I find my way around CommonSpot’s menus?
- How do I create a page?
- How do I add content to my new page?
- How do I publish my new page?
- How do I find my page after I created it?
- How do I edit my pages after I have created them?
- How do I customize the look of my pages?
Intermediate Training is for users who are familiar with CommonSpot and have been making basic updates to their site already. Do not register for Intermediate Training unless you have already completed Beginner Training and have worked on your website for four months.
- Monday, June 24, 9 – 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 23, 10 – noon
- Monday, Aug. 19, 3 – 5 p.m.
Intermediate CommonSpot Training Covers:
- The Reusable Textblock element
- Web forms in CommonSpot
- The News element
- Faculty and staff profiles