Success Coaching Model Stages
Success Coaching is forward movement that assists a student with moving toward goals the student has established for him/herself while maintaining school and life balance.
The coaching process begins with the desired student goal.
Movement is forward toward goals through self-discovery focusing on factors that influence thinking and decision-making of the student. Ontological coaching models (OAR, BEL, and Historical Discourse) are used, along with assessment tools (MBTI, Holland Code, True Colors) that may be utilized to illustrate natural thinking and decision-making patterns.
Goal-Setting encompasses an outline of specific goals established by the student. The Action-Plan includes step-by-step plans for achieving goals.
Action-Plan Assessment reviews the Action Plan to determine progress or to make Action Plan adjustments to achieve success.
Goal Achievement focuses on student celebrations!!! Student has achieved established goals.
The Success Coaching Model places emphasis on the student being solely and directly responsible for his/her success and goal achievement.
What Students Experience with Success Coaching
- Prior to the first coaching session online profile forms, a prep-assignment and pre-questionnaire are completed.
- Students meet one-one-one with their success coach.
- Coaching methods that will be used during coaching are reviewed.
- Students review, discuss and sign the coaching agreement.
- Students are asked to share general information about oneself this begins establishing the coaching relationship.
- The completed online forms that include student goals is reviewed and guides the coaching session.
- Students reflect and talk a great deal about themselves that leads to action plan development.
Success Coaching is about the individual student and provides an opportunity for students to make self-discoveries, and to focus on new possibilities and options for forward movement toward goal achievement.
- Students and their coach co-design an action plan with specific steps and completion dates.
- Action plan outlines SMART goals (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-table) and accountability.
- Students schedule their next coaching session before departing.
- The first Success Coaching session is scheduled for one-hour.
- The remaining three coaching sessions are 50-minutes to coincide with class schedules.
- Students schedule minimally four coaching sessions.
Students enjoy and find coaching beneficial, as coaching focuses strictly on the student, what is important to the student, and how the student wants to proceed toward his/her goal achievement.