Get your work noticed!
Now that you have made a decision to participate in the Symposium, you will need to prepare and submit an abstract for consideration. An abstract is a paragraph that condenses a large research project into a structured summary description. The abstract should be written in such a way that it provides the reader with a clear picture of your work.
- Submit your abstract online by March 3, 2014. Abstracts written for Kent State’s Undergraduate Symposium on Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity will be evaluated based upon:
- Clarity (concise, clearly written)
- Content (accurate description of the research problem, methods, results, conclusions, and references\
- Organization (concise introduction to the research problem, methods, results, conclusions, and references)
To ensure that you submit the best abstract and poster presentation that you can, check out the resources listed below:1. Visit the Writing Commons, located on the 4th Floor of the Library, to get help preparing your abstract.
2. University of Washington Webcast: Abstract Writing Workshop
3. How to write titles and abstracts for readers (see attachment)
4. How to write a good abstract for a scientific paper (see attachment)
5. Examples of Good and Not-So- Good Abstracts
6. Creating Effective Poster Presentations
The Fashion School will print student posters for the April 2, 2014 symposium:
Printing is available for $8.00 per poster (for the Undergraduate Research Symposium only) while supplies and resources last. This offer will occur on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students must allow at least 2 working days to have files printed
- Files should be available in PDF, TIFF, JPG, PSD and/or AI formats (No Word or PowerPoint files)
- Students can bring the electronic file on a USB drive to the Fashion School Room 302 Rockwell Hall before 12 p.m. and after 1:00 p.m. starting March 7, 2014
Interested students should contact James Ahmad in the Fashion School's TechStyleLAB at firstname.lastname@example.org.