Inspire: Kent State University's Design Academy (pre-college program)
EACH DAY IS A NEW EXPERIENCE.
Each day of Inspire is a new experience, allowing students to explore, grow and expand their abilities. Our curriculum covers the following disciplines: print design, three-dimensional design, interaction design, motion, photography and illustration. Students will engage in projects that combine basic research tactics, brainstorming and creative thinking while they envision, innovate and experiment.
Inspire is directed by full-time faculty at Kent State University. Classes are taught by faculty and selected graduate instructors while current Kent State undergraduate students serve as assistants, mentors and advocates of design. All staff are carefully selected to ensure the best experience for Inspire participants. Additionally, the program involves college professors, deans, directors and advisors speaking about the college during higher education sessions; along with professional designers, photographers and illustrators sharing their real world knowledge and experience with campers.
Financial aid is available to students in need.
Learn more at: vcd.kent.edu/inspire
Who is eligible?
- have completed their freshman year of high school
- are 14–19 years of age during the camp session
- have an interest in design, photography, illustration and creative thinking
- are interested in developing portfolio for college admissions
Note: We do not require a portfolio or school transcript
When does Inspire take place?
- Inspire day session will talk place June 20-24, 2016. Camp runs Monday–Friday, students must arrive between 8:45 to 9 a.m. Students must be picked up between 5 to 5:30 p.m. daily.
- Inspire overnight session will take place June 19-24, 2016. Drop-off and check-in will be Sunday, June 19 from 4 to 5 p.m.
Inspire concludes Friday, June 24 with a gallery reception from 5 to 6 p.m. Family and friends are invited to meet the staff and view the work done during the week.