Today's employers seek well-rounded designers who possess a wide range of skills that help solve complex visual problems, including design research, branding, aesthetics, and the creation of meaningful images.
The School of Visual Communication Design provides you with a superior design education and competitive skills by encouraging interdisciplinary approaches to visual communication design and integrating evolving media with design foundations and conceptual development while helping you to create a polished, professional portfolio.
Match Majors To Careers
"MyPlan" Major And Career Info
- Career Assessments - Log in and complete exercises to reveal your best career-fit
- Research Careers - Browse database, videos, top ten lists, and more
- Salary Calculator - Salaries by career and geographic area
U.S. Department Of Labor Websites
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Learn about occupations including job responsibilities, salaries, education required, and job outlook
- Career One Stop - Explore careers, salary and benefits, training required, and job seeker services by state
- O*Net - Quick search tool for Ohio jobs data and more
Get Help From A Career Expert
- Meet with a career counselor in the Career Exploration and Development office for guidance.
- Use our career planning books, computers and printer.