The Virginia Hamilton Conference Advisory Board offers several awards to recognize those who make contributions to the field of multicultural literature for youth. Read more about these awards:
- The Virginia Hamilton Literary Award, recognizing an American author or illustrator whose books demonstrate artistic excellence and make a significant contribution to the field of multicultural literature for children and adolescents
- The Virginia Hamilton Essay Award, recognizing a journal article that makes a significant contribution to professional literature
- The Virginia Hamilton and Arnold Adoff Creative Outreach Grants for Teachers and Librarians, to develop new classroom or library programs that raise awareness of multicultural literature among young people
For more information about the awards above, contact conference co-director Meghan Harper, Ph.D.
- The Arnold Adoff Poetry Awards, recognizing excellence in multicultural poetry for youth. For more information about the poetry awards, contact conference co-director Alexa Sandmann, Ph.D.
- We are currently accepting nominations for the 2017 awards. Instructions for submission appear on the nomination form.
- Nominations must be postmarked by Dec. 1 to be eligible for consideration.