Ohio High School Poetry Scholarship
2013 High School Poetry Competition
1st Place - One $3,000 per year scholarship (total four-year value $12,000)
2nd Place - One $2,000 per year scholarship (total four-year value $8,000)3rd Place - One $1,000 per year scholarship (total four-year value $4,000)
- The competition is open to any Ohio high school senior (class of 2013) who will enroll as a full-time student at Kent State University.
- All entries must be original and unpublished.
- Each entrant must submit one portfolio containing three poems and a one-page essay describing his or her interest in poetry. Typed on 8½ x 11 paper, four copies of the portfolio and essay should be sent. Only clear copies are acceptable.
- Each poem should be no more than 100 lines long.
- The poet's name should not appear on the poems or essay.
- A cover sheet should be included that lists the poet’s name, address, email and telephone number, as well as the name, address, and signature of the guidance counselor or sponsoring teacher, the name of the high school the student is attending, and the title of the poems and essay submitted. Entries missing any of this required information will not be accepted and will be returned to the poet.
- All entries will be recycled after the winner has been chosen.
- Entries must be postmarked between December 1, 2012, and March 1, 2013. Early or late entries will not be accepted.
Send entries to:
Wick Poetry High School Competition
Kent State University
301 Satterfield Hall
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, Ohio 44242