The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Preparation Course
Establish yourself as a globally recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development.
Ensure you're prepared with our course designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
This intensive 12-week program offered by Kent State University combines expert instruction with the 2017 SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
Location: Kent State Regional Academic Center, 2745 Creekside Drive, Twinsburg, OH 44087
Dates: Tuesdays, Sept. 12 – Dec, 12, 2017, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (Will not meet Oct. 31 and Nov. 21, 2017)
Classroom Sessions Include:
- A high-level review of course material
- Interactive discussions and learning activities focused on the practical application of HR competencies and knowledge
- Sample assessment questions
- Study and test taking tips
The course investment does not cover registration for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examinations.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL IN THIS COURSE?
Our Human Resource certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification. Certificate is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
Advancing your career. For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity in the workplace.
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the 2016 SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the program, HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the competencies and knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
Kent State University's program offers you a preparation course to help meet your needs and increase your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
BENEFITS TO YOU
- An experienced, SHRM-certified instructor
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
- Eligibility for tuition reimbursement
The SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP is comprised of five modules of study:
1. Human Resource Competencies
- Leadership and Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition and Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning and Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness and Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology and Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law and Regulations (U.S. Only)
- Business and HR Strategy
To earn your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time you submit your application in order to be eligible to sit for the exam. To learn more about eligibility requirements, visit: For additional information, visit www.shrm.org/certification/about/eligibilitycriteria/pages/default.aspx.
Diane DeRubertis, SPHR, has been in the human resources field for over 20 years. DeRubertis is an independent consultant working with clients across the human resources disciplines.