Certification for Human Resource Professionals - The SHRM Learning System
Review a testimonial from Ron Smith, Administrative Assistant in Kent, OH - Featured on the SHRM website!
Prepare to Pass with the #1 PHR/SPHR Cert Prep Tool
The SHRM Learning System®for PHR®/SPHR® Certification Preparation Course
This intensive 12-week program offered by Kent State University is designed primarily for individuals seeking the most sought-after HR certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
Our expert classroom instruction provides a better flow of information and a more enjoyable and effective learning experience. Structured classes, a seasoned Kent State University, SPHR-certified facilitator and peer interaction enhance learning and retention.
Course fees often qualify for tuition reimbursement and you can earn 3.5 continuing education credits (CEUs) for completing this course. In addition, the comprehensive SHRM Learning System will serve as a valuable HR resource to you for many years to come.
The SHRM Learning System provides human resources professionals with more content, tests, learning tools and access to expert advice than any other PHR/SPHR exam preparation program. Printed materials are updated annually and online study tools are portable and convenient, with access to online tests, flashcards, and resources via iPhone, Windows Mobile, or Google Android.
What you'll learn
The key to success of the PHR/SPHR certification and SHRM Learning System is the relevance of the content to the needs of today's Human Resources professionals. The SHRM Learning System teaches the following six modules covering the HRCI body of knowledge tested in PHR/SPHR exams.
- Strategic Business Management
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Human Resource Development
- Total Rewards
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Risk Management
Who should take this course?
Our Human Resource certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking a PHR or SPHR certification.
Advancing your career. For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist point of view, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core competencies and increase productivity.
The most up-to-date learning modulesin print and e-reader format
The SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR includes six modules covering the entire HR Certification Institute body of knowledge so you’ll learn everything you need for the PHR or SPHR exam. Modules were updated to reflect the new HR practice and legislation in the HR Certification Institute’s body of knowledge.
1. Business Management and Strategy
- Strategic role of HR in organizations
- HR business management skills
- Strategic planning process
- Evaluating the internal/external environment
- HR and the legislative and regulatory environment
2. Workforce Planning and Employment
- Employee rights, privacy and consumer protection legislation
- Organizational staffing requirements
- Job analysis and documentation
- Recruitment, flexible staffing, selection and retention
3. Human Resource Development
- Organizational development initiatives
- Adult learning and motivation
- Training and development
- Talent and performance management
4. Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation structure and systems
- Benefit programs (Government mandated, deferred comp plans, health care and other non-statutory benefits)
- Compensation and benefits legislation
- Evaluating compensation and benefits programs
5. Employee and Labor Relations
- Employee and labor relations legislation
- Union organizing and collective bargaining
- Unfair labor practices
- Discipline and complaint resolution
6. Risk Management
- Organizational risk
- Workplace safety, health, security and privacy
- Risk management legislation
Assess. Study. Discuss. Succeed
As an added advantage, we use the newly updated 2014 SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR Certification Preparation. It features up-to-date content and advanced tools that streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the PHR or SPHR exam.
By attending our course, you’ll benefit from:
- An experienced, certified instructor
- The SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR, ranked the #1 certification prep tool
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
- Tuition reimbursement and GPHR recertification hours.
This course is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).The course investment includes all course materials but does not cover registration for the PHR or SPHR examinations.
More ways to learn
Whatever your learning style, you’ll find ways to test your knowledge and build confidence. Use the interactive case study, featuring real-life scenarios and questions, to apply your knowledge.
And, check out the Online Learning Center for a wealth of supplemental study materials:
- Quickstarts – guided overviews for each module highlight key topics
- Assessment – identifies topics a participant already knows and those areas that require more time and attention
- Tests – more than 1,000 questions for continually testing knowledge and comprehension
- Post-test – weighted and balanced to mimic the scored PHR/SPHR exam; presented in the style and format used by the HR Certification Institute
- Online Resource Center– includes downloadable audio and web casts, flashcards (printed, online or audio), HR updates, related links, feedback feature and more.
PHR and SPHR Exam Requirements:To apply for either the PHR or the SPHR, candidates must have a combination of education and professional HR experience. For more information, see the Certification Handbook or visit www.HRCI.org.
The HR Certification Institute requires HR professionals planning to sit for the PHR or SPHR exams to have a combination of demonstrated work experience and education. For additional information, visit www.hrci.org/exam_eligibility.
A program fee of $1,095* includes the SHRM Learning System print modules, online learning software, access to the online Resource Center, and 36 hours of classroom instruction. To allow time to order your program materials, please register by January 13, 2014. *A discounted rate of $995 is available to members of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Facilitator: Diane DeRubertis
Enroll in this program to assist you in preparing for the PHR and SPHR certification exams. You'll gain a solid foundation and the comprehensive knowledge necessary for effectively managing the HR challenges you face in today's demanding work environment. Through six modules that correspond to the six functional areas, responsibilities and associated knowledge as defined by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). These six modules are: Business Management and Strategy, Workforce Planning and Employment, Human Resource Development, Compensation and Benefits, Employee and Labor Relations and Risk Management. Includes the study materials for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification exams administered by HRCI. Offered in cooperation with the Society for Human Resource Managers (SHRM), you’ll receive study material for the PHR and SPHR certification exams administered by HRCI.
Please read: Please call 330-672-8698 if you are a current SHRM member to receive a $100 fee reduction.
Sorry! No times are available. Please check back soon.