Human Resources and Training and Development
Attend Professional Development programs focused on your role as a Human Resources leader. Enhance your Emotional Intelligence, handle today's constantly changing workplace, and get the best from your team with coaching and mentoring. All programs carry HRCI credit for your recertification. Facilitated by content experts, each program is highly interactive and designed to provide you with valuable information, tools, skills and strategies that can enhance your organizational performance and personal effectiveness. Join us and take your skills to a new level.
Facilitator: Kristy Frieden
Studies have shown that an individual’s level of emotional intelligence can be a greater predictor of success than their IQ. We see this type of intelligence played out in our lives on a daily basis, but may not comprehend its importance. Whether we are at work, home, or in our community, knowing and managing our emotions, as well as knowing and managing the emotions of others, can determine our success.
This program will enable you to:
- Understand and apply the four components of Emotional Intelligence: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management
- Determine how your interaction style adds value or creates barriers to any given situation
- Apply key strategies to create an emotionally intelligent culture in your organization
- Learn ways to increase your emotional intelligence and ability to interact successfully with others
Sorry! No times are available. Please check back soon.
Facilitator: Jessica Thomas
More and more organizations are reaching change saturation and, unfortunately, are not equipped to handle the constant change initiatives they are implementing. Having to do more with less, employee engagement is absolutely crucial to success. In our 24/7 information age, where the shelf life of technology is less than six months, attention spans are short and multitasking is becoming a critical survival skill, it’s paramount to develop ‘people’ strategies that capture employee interest and commitment.
Change Management is a synergistic blend of communications, leadership coaching, training, project management and accountability. In this two-day, hands-on, program you will learn how to effectively lead through and manage change by incorporating strategies for all of these areas into a functional change management plan.
- Understand the driving forces for change in today’s work environment
- Realize how people perceive and approach changes
- Learn change engagement best practices that will enable you to plan for and manage change effectively
- Flex and target your communications to alleviate the fears brought on by change
- Use a structured, best practice change management methodology to create a functional “real-life” change management plan
- Leave with tools and templates to further guide you in planning change engagement processes
- Tues., April 8 and Wed., April 9, 2014; 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Twinsburg - $695