The More Aware Initiative, funded by Kent State University and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services through its Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, has led to the creation of A.I.D. training.
A.I.D. training is a 60-minute in-person mental health awareness training that teaches students, faculty, and staff three steps.
- Awareness: how to recognize the signs and symptoms of students in distress
- Interaction: how to effectively interact with students in distress
- Direction: how to locate and provide resources to students in distress
Other key components of this training include:
- Educating trainees on local and national mental health resources
- Practicing scenarios that trainees may experience
- Reducing stigma about mental illness and substance use
- Promoting self-care
If you are interested in scheduling training, contact Kim Laurene, email@example.com.