Active Minds at Kent State University is one of over 500 chapters across the United States, all working with the National Active Minds in Washington, D.C., to change the conversation about mental health. All are welcome to help us reduce stigma around Kent State! If you are interested in becoming a member, please reach out to our president, Kayla Marker, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initiatives during COVID-19
We are starting a #selfcarechallenge! During this time it is important to ensure that we are taking care of ourselves as much as we can. The steps are easy.
1. Decorate on a piece of paper #selfcarechallenge.
2. Write something you have done to take care of yourself during this time.
3. Write something that you challenge someone else to do to take care of themselves.
4. Write a mental health resource, if you know one.
5. Finally, tag Active Minds KSU so we know you are engaging with us! (Twitter: @MindsKent Instagram: @KentStateActiveMinds) See some examples below!
In the news:
Active Minds Hosts Self Love Event for Valentine's Day by Kelsey Paulus from KentWired.com
Bring Active Minds to Your Campus by Kayla Marker from Active Minds Blog
Active Minds President Shares Her Story on Struggles with Mental Health by Becca Sagaris from KentWired.com
Active Minds Scares Away Stigma of Mental Illness by Ryanne Locker from KentWired.com