After Hours Care
KSU Nurse Line
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
University Health Services offers students the opportunity to call the Kent State University Nurse Line, which delivers quality medical advice 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Even when the DeWeese Health Center is closed, students may call the Kent State Nurse Line and talk to a registered nurse who will assess their medical concerns and suggest what to do next.
Call the Kent State Nurse Line when you:
- Are in need of a medical assessment or home care advice
- Are experiencing symptoms that might be a medical concern
- Have been exposed to or ingested a potentially poisonous or hazardous substance
- Require immediate information regarding medications
- Need advice about insect or animal bites
- Are in need of an assessment on injuries or trauma (not a 911 emergency)
- Are experiencing seasonal illness such as cold, coughs, sore throats, flu symptoms and allergies
The nurse line offers services for deaf/near deaf and non-English speaking callers.