Assessment: Who Is Responsible?
- Every academic unit will determine for itself the process most effective for the assessment of student learning in their programs.
- Faculty are in the best position to determine educational values, to define measurable objectives to assess, to select methods and measures, and use findings to improve student learning outcomes.
- Faculty need to assure that the educational requirements of others, such as students, employers, or other knowledgeable persons, are considered in developing this process.
- This effort is a university wide one and should be consistent with our institutional mission and strategic directions.
- There are many sources of support for the assessment process, including the Office of Accreditation, Assessment and Learning. the Advisory Committee for Academic Assessment (ACAA), Institutional Research (IR), Statistical Consulting at University Libraries and the Center for Teaching and Learning (including FlashPort).