Graduate Masters Application
To complete the application process a graduate applicant MUST review this list in order to gather necessary application materials prior to applying.
If you intend to start your graduate study during the Spring, Summer and Fall 2018 term follow these instructions.
- Application Requirements - Review application requirements for your intended program.
- Submit Documents - Gather and prepare application requirements prior to starting the application. You will be instructed to upload your documents (e.g., transcripts, goal statements, writing samples, etc.) in the application.
- Checklist - The application portal checklist page, available after you submit your application, will identify any outstanding requirements needed to complete your application. Your application will not be forwarded to the department for review until all outstanding requirements have been satisfied. For your convenience, you will also be able to upload documents through your application portal checklist page.
- Letters of Recommendation - If your intended program requires letters of recommendation, you will be asked to identify your recommenders and provide their email address. The automated recommendation system will send an email to your recommender requesting that they complete a recommendation form/letter for you. Through the application portal you will be able to send reminders to your recommenders or change recommenders.
- Test Scores - If your intended program requires test scores (e.g., GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS), please requests that your test scores be sent to Kent State University directly from the test provider. We do NOT accept test scores provided by applicants. Kent State University’s college code for ETS (GRE and TOEFL) is 1367; GMAT is N4Q.
- Application Fee - There is a $45 nonrefundable application fee. You will be prompted to submit payment via the online application.
- Transcripts – Kent State University requires applicants to submit a copy of official transcripts from each college or university in which 8 or more semester credit hours were attempted. This includes both graduate and undergraduate coursework, as well as undergraduate coursework attempted while in high school. Upload a copy of your official transcript (front and back) in the application. (Please note that we do NOT accept transcripts retrieved from student portals.) If you prefer, you may forward your official transcript in a sealed envelope to Kent State University.
Division of Graduate Studies
Kent State University
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242
- Admitted students – Applicants offered admission will be required to submit all official transcripts, issued directly from the originating college or university, prior to enrolling in courses.