International Graduate Educational Specialist Application
To complete the application process a graduate applicant must review this list in order to gather necessary application materials prior to applying. Students are able to check their application status by using the username and password established when starting the online application.
- The application is divided into multiple sections to allow you the option of completing the application in one session or in multiple sessions.
- To return to complete the application at a later time, just enter your username and password.
- To check your application status, click the "Check the Status of an Existing Application" button found on this page. Remember you will need your original username and password to securely check your status.
You will be prompted to select the academic unit (i.e. College of The Arts, College of Communication and Information, etc.) of your intended major, and a concentration area if applicable. This information can be found in the Graduate Programs Listing.
To complete the application process an international graduate applicant must upload the following items in the application portal.
- Application Fee
There is a $70 nonrefundable application fee. You will be prompted to submit payment via the online application.
- Letters of Recommendation
List three recommenders who are familiar with your educational goals and your ability to achieve them. Those individuals should comment on your professional and/or academic ability. Recommenders will be prompted by email to upload the letters of reference to the application. Applicants may not upload themselves.
Applicants must upload a scanned copy of official transcripts/individual marksheets (Certified English translation and original language) & College Graduation Certificate/Diploma if already issued (Certified English translation and original language).
If you have attended more than one secondary school, records for each must be submitted. School records must be submitted in their original language and should be accompanied by certified, literal English translations.
- English Proficiency Examination
All applicants whose education has been primarily outside the United States must have objective evidence of proficiency in the English language. Some applicants may be eligible for an English proficiency waiver.
- Financial Documents
International students must submit proof of finances in order for the university to issue a certificate of eligibility (I-20). Proof of finances are not required prior to admission but highly encouraged. Visit the Office of Global Education website for more information on accepted financial documents and steps for requesting an I20.
International applicants must complete the Financial Information Worksheet for International Students. The worksheet must be accompanied by a current bank statement from the sponsor's financial institution. Send the Financial Information Worksheet form. Please note that financial documents are only required after acceptance for immigration document issuance.
- Additional Documents
Please consult the Graduate Programs Listing to determine which of the following materials are required by your department:
- Official test score reports of the GRE, GMAT or MAT as required by your department.
- Statement of goals, resume/vita as required by your department. You will be prompted to submit these as attachments via the online application. You also have the option of mailing the materials to the admitting office.
- Audition tapes, portfolios, slides, essays, writing samples, etc. as required by your department.
- Application for Graduate Appointment
Complete the Application for Graduate Appointment (if applying for one) and send to the appropriate department in which you wish to apply for a graduate appointment. Applicants for graduate appointments beginning fall semester should apply for admission no later than the previous Feb 1 to ensure consideration in the first selections made by the departments.
Thank you for reviewing the graduate applicant requirements tip sheet. Visit the Office of Global Education's International Admissions page for additional information.