International Undergraduate Freshman Application
To complete the application process a graduate applicant must review this list in order to gather necessary application materials prior to applying. In addition to saving time and paper, students who apply online will also be able to check their application status by using the log in and personal identification number (PIN) established when starting the online application.
- The application is divided into multiple sections to allow you the option of completing the application in one session or in multiple sessions. Click the "Finish Later" button to save portions of the application you have already completed.
- To return to complete the application at a later time, just enter your Login and PIN.
- To check your application status, click the "Check the Status of an Existing Application" button found on this page. Remember you will need your original Login and PIN to securely check your status.
To complete the application process an international undergraduate applicant must submit the following items, to the International Admissions office at:
Office of Global Education
Kent State University
106 Van Campen Hall
625 Loop Rd
Kent, OH 44242 USA
- Application Fee
Submit your $70 nonrefundable application fee by using a credit card or checking account.
- English Proficiency Examination
All applicants whose education has been primarily outside the United States must have objective evidence of proficiency in the English language. Some applicants may be eligible for an English proficiency waiver.
- A complete and official record of all institutions attended
If you have attended more than one secondary school, records for each must be submitted. School records must be submitted in their original language and should be accompanied by certified, literal English translations.
- Financial Information Worksheet
All applicants who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States must complete the Financial Information Worksheet for International Students. The worksheet must be accompanied by a current bank statement from the sponsor's financial institution. Send the Financial Information Worksheet form.
- Additional Requirements
Be aware of any special admission requirements for your major.
Thank you for reviewing the undergraduate applicant requirements tip sheet. Visit the Office of Global Education's International Admissions page for additional information.