- Mean high school cumulative GPA 3.4
- 81 percent had a high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Mean ACT composite 23
- 1130 average SAT score of incoming freshmen.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis.
Some academic programs have additional requirements.
- 4 units of English (emphasis of composition)
- 4 units of Mathematics (Algebra I, II, Geometry, with minimum Algebra II complete)
- 3 units of Science
- 3 units of Social Studies
- 2 units of Foreign Language
- 1 unit of Art (or additional unit of foreign language)
Kent State University endorses the minimum core curriculum above.
The Admissions Office at the Kent Campus may defer the admission of students who do not meet admissions criteria but who demonstrate areas of promise for successful college study. Deferred applicants may begin their college coursework at one of seven Regional Campuses of Kent State University. The Admissions Office at the Kent Campus will forward a student's application materials to a Regional Campus upon his/her request.
Kent State welcomes applications from home-schooled students. Students who are home-schooled may submit an equivalent diploma through a successful General Educational Development (GED) examination and an ACT/SAT score, or submit the following information for admission consideration:
- Written verification from the appropriate school district that the student has been excused from compulsory attendance for home education.
- ACT or SAT score.
- A portfolio of the student's work reflecting all secondary coursework completed. Students should complete a program of study that covers the material in the full college preparatory program recommended by the Ohio State Board of Education. Non-Ohio students should submit appropriate supporting documents as required by their home state. Please contact the Admissions Office for further details.
- Apply Online Now!
- Feb. 1: Deadline to submit admissions application to be considered for freshman scholarships.
- Feb. 1: Priority deadline to submit the FAFSA to the federal processor.
- March 1: Deadline to submit freshman application for upcoming fall semester