Transfer Student Scholarships | Kent State University

Transfer Student Scholarships

Students transferring to Kent State can apply for all types of aid, including scholarships, grants, loans and work-study. Awards are determined by student eligibility and will take into consideration aid used at previous institutions. The Student Financial Aid Office at Kent State provides further information on these types of aid.

Introducing the new Transfer2Kent scholarship program for transfer students.

Transfer students may receive one of the following transfer awards.

Transfer Student Scholarship Details and Deadlines
Scholarship Name Criteria How to Apply Amount Deadline Remarks
Transfer2Kent Scholarship Kent State University is now offering the Transfer2Kent scholarship for transfer students who are starting in fall semester 2017. To be eligible for the scholarship you must be a domestic undergraduate student, be admitted to the Kent Campus as a new transfer student for fall 2017 and be enrolled full-time, have a minimum college GPA of 2.50 and up to 90 transfer credit hours. Apply for admission to Kent State by deadline. $1,000-2500 per year, renewable for up to two years (max. four semesters). Full-time enrollment and 2.50 GPA required. Awarded on a rolling basis Must be admitted to Kent State by the July 1 deadline to be considered. Full-time enrollment and 2.50 GPA required.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Incoming transfer students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Students must have completed at least 30 semester or 45 quarter hours to be considered. Three awards are available each year. Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship applications are available from the Admissions Office, Kent State University, P.O. Box 5190, Kent, OH44242. Apply Online $1,000, non-renewable June 1 (Awarded to fall applicants only) Part-time students and students with a bachelor’s degree are not eligible.
Departmental Scholarships Academic record. Check with the academic department for procedures Varies Varies Check with your academic department for any special scholarships.