2017 Giving Tuesday Frequently Asked Questions
Ready to find your Kent State cause? Head over to Giving Tuesday HQ and thank you for your support!
- We know you love Kent State. By becoming a fundraiser you get to show that love to everyone you know. You are the best advocate for our university, and this year we are all about equipping you with the tools to share your Kent State story with your network.
- You are a unique donor for each campaign to which you give. Each individual can only count once for each campaign. This means that you can give a gift to multiple campaigns and count as a unique donor in each. Isn’t that great?
- For each campaign, we will be looking at the number of unique donors who have given $25 or more to that fund.
- Each of our fundraising initiatives counts as a campaign. This year there are over 40 options from which to pick. We encourage you to pick more than one to support!
- The Kent State University Foundation will give a $500 “boost” – or monetary reward – to each campaign for every 15 unique donors. Boosts are awesome right?
- Because the accountants told us so…
- For every 15 unique donors who give more than $25 to a campaign, the Kent State University Foundation will make a $500 contribution to that campaign. You can see this on the campaign homepage. We will be checking the number of unique donors every day and updating the campaigns with the boosts as quickly as possible.
- That’s OK, we know you did your best. The funds you have raised will go to the area you choose to support. We can’t thank you enough for the work you did on behalf of Kent State.
- We just discontinued our carrier pigeon service, but you can still mail gifts to us. We highly recommend only online giving during Giving Tuesday, that way we can ensure that your gifts are accounted for in the boosts and other promotions during the month… You know what they say about snail mail, but here is our address if you need to send a check.
- The world returns to normal… but your impact will last forever.
- You can likely find your fund on our main giving page. If you’re interested in crowdfunding, we’d love to hear about your philanthropic passion at Kent State and get you all the details on how to participate next year! Email us: GivingTuesday@kent.edu.
- Awesome! Visit our Faculty and Staff giving page and search for the fund you wish to support. Your gift will be added to the Giving Tuesday initiative total. Thank you for support!
- Pledges are great! Thank you for supporting Kent State… but we can only count new outright gifts for this initiative.
- You’re the best! We can’t thank you enough for choosing a cause @ KSU and making it your own! Try emailing your friends and family, tell them why you care about Kent State and the impact gifts will make. Also social media is an awesome tool to spread the word. Maybe some people will give you an early holiday gift toward your favorite cause? #HolidayCheer This guide has some great ideas too!
- Oh no! No worries, we understand. Just contact us, and we can issue a refund! firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-672-4438
- Thank you for making a page! You can find it by navigating to the campaign you picked and searching for yourself under fundraisers. Or check your email, we sent you a intro email with all the deets. It may have gone to your spam folder.