- Understanding and effectively communicating curriculum, academic progress, graduation requirements, and Kent State policies and procedures.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- Listening to your concerns and respecting your individual values and choices.
- Assisting you in defining and reflecting on your academic, career, and personal goals, and assisting you in creating a realistic educational plan that is consistent with those goals.
- Being accessible and providing timely responses to your questions during office hours through scheduled meetings, telephone, or university email (or other university sanctioned technology).
- Assisting you in using Kent State systems such as GPS, WebScheduler, and FlashLine.
- Assisting you in knowing how to access important university information.
- Providing you with information about educational opportunities outside of the classroom
- Referring you to faculty and other university resources as appropriate.
- Establishing an on-going professional relationship with our students.
- Assisting you in your transition to university life.