Honesty Statement and Remote Proctoring Agreement
for Kent State University‐Testing and Placement
- By reading this statement, I agree that the work on this assessment will be my own and reflect my best effort. I understand that an accurate assessment will result in a placement that truly reflects my current abilities and skill level. I also understand that by trying my best, I’ll be placed into a course in which I’m likely to succeed and seeking outside assistance may result in a placement that is too high, and thus result in my struggling to succeed in the course. Not trying my best may result in a placement that is too low and result in boredom and wasted time.
- By reading this statement, I agree to the following remote proctoring protocols according to the assessment I am about to take:
- In some assessments, my proctoring session will/may be recorded and/or monitored through video and audio by a member of KSU’s Testing Center.
- I will read and follow all remote platform instructions for the assessment I am about to take.
- I will be alone and/or limit interruption in the room where I am being proctored.
- I am not permitted to talk to anyone during my testing session.
- I will not take a break during a remote proctoring session and will ensure that I use the restroom prior to taking my assessment. I understand that if I need a break as an accommodation, I will contact SAS prior to taking my assessment.
- I will complete the assessment in the time I am permitted.
- For assessments that require it, I will perform an environment check of my room: the ceiling, floor, entire desktop/computer space.
- I will not blur the background or insert a different background during my proctoring session.
- I will not use additional notes, materials, and other aids (calculators, etc.) and devices other than those permitted by the proctor or testing platform.
- I will not access websites other than those permitted by the proctor or testing platform.
- I am not permitted to copy or record questions or answers from the assessment and I will not share or discuss the questions or answers with others.
- For some assessments, I may need to give permission for a proctor to gain remote access to my computer to assist me with the assessment.
I confirm that I will abide by all protocols I have read in support of Kent State University’s standards of excellence, honesty, integrity and academic accountability. I pledge, on my honor, to conduct myself at all times in accordance with university rules that prohibit cheating, plagiarism, or other forms of academic dishonesty.