45 Hour Credit Policy Change
Beginning fall 2010, Kent State University implemented a new policy designed to help students who have not declared a major get on a path to graduation and a future career. Students will have to declare a degree-granting major in the semester immediately following the semester they complete 45 Kent State – earned credit hours.
This site provides you with policy details, if you are impacted, actions you need to take to formally declare a major, and tools and resources designed to help you review career options and get on a path to success.
45 Credit Hour Policy
Effective fall 2010, students will have to declare a degree granting major in the semester immediately following the semester when they complete 45 Kent State - earned credit hours. This policy applies to all baccalaureate students across the eight-campus system enrolled in the following majors:
List of exploratory or generalist non-degree granting majors
- College of Architecture and Environmental Design: AED - General
- College of Education Health and Human Services: Education, Health and Human Services — General
- College of Communication and Information: CCI - General
- College of the Arts: College of the Arts — General , Pre-Fashion Design and Merchandising
- College of Undergraduate Studies: Exploratory
- College of Business, Business Undeclared