The B.S. and M.A. curricula provide a firm foundation in translation studies and translation practice for students in Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian and Spanish while the Ph.D. program provides advanced training in translation studies.
"Focus 2" Major & Career Information
- Create an account in Focus 2 to reveal your best career-fit and explore majors that connect you to your career
Match Majors to Careers
U.S. Department of Labor Websites
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Learn about occupations including responsibilities, salaries, education required, and employment outlook
- Career One Stop - Explore careers, salary and benefits, training required, and employment seeker services by state
- O*Net - Quick search tool for Ohio employment data and more
Ohio's In-Demand Careers
- In-Demand Careers - Learn about growing fields in the state of Ohio
Talk with Faculty, Family and Professionals
- Find out what a career is really like by speaking to someone in the field. Review the informational interviewing questions to ask and the list of possible people in your network to speak with.
- Talk with your professors who have a wealth of knowledge about their career fields.
- Chat with family members about their work experiences and:
- how they selected their careers
- what they find rewarding/challenging
- what skills they utilize
- what their long-term goals are