My Community at Kent State
Finding communities and making new friends may seem daunting at first but becomes easier once you are aware of the number and diversity of opportunities and activities available in your School, the College and on campus. The College of the Arts community activities can
- Enrich your academic study.
- Enhance your communication, leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
- Help you to learn how to work collaboratively with others who may be different from you.
- Help you to make friends for life!
Join a student organization in your major. Every School in the College of the Arts has student interest, honorary and service organizations. Join a student organization outside your discipline. There is a student group for just about every interest at Kent State. If you can’t find a group that interests you, it’s easy to start one.
Attend a College of Arts event or program. Did you know that you can attend many arts events for free? Many theatre, dance, music and art events are free to you as a full-time undergraduate on the Kent campus. Visit the Performing Arts Box Office for information about how you can attend. If you are not quite sure of the event “etiquette,” visit How to attend a performing arts event or How to attend a gallery or exhibition.
Attend social events in the school, college or on campus.
Make sure you know when informational meetings are happening in your School. Most Schools send e-mail notices out to all students via an e-mail list or “list-serv.” Make sure you are on those lists and read the e-mails. Many of them have notices about important events or advising activities in the School.
If you are a Social Media user, research the school and program Facebook pages, Instagram and Twitter accounts and join them.
Pay attention to various bulletin boards and notices in your building. Student groups will often post meeting notices.
Events and Opportunities
- College of the Arts Events Calendar
- Fall Arts Festival
- Theatre and Dance Performances
- Theatre and Dance Student Created Work
- Music, Concerts, Performances and Events
- School of Art Galleries
- Fashion News & Events
- Stratosphere Art Competition
- Flash Grants
- College of the Arts on Facebook
- School of Art on Facebook
- School of Art on Instagram
- Fashion on Facebook
- Fashion on Twitter
- Music on Facebook
- Theatre and Dance on Facebook
- Theatre and Dance on Twitter