Explore your Life in the Arts at Kent State University!
As a transfer student, we recognize that finding the right fit is essential to exploring your passion and pursuing your dreams.
- The College of the Arts offers many vibrant areas of study modeled on the professional practice in Art, Dance, Fashion, Music and Theatre.
- The faculty are teachers and scholars that will support you in connecting your previous coursework with your experience and purpose.
We invite you to explore, visit, and apply to our programs lead by world-renowned faculty.
Looking for your academic home and a program that supports your passion? If you're considering our majors and have not yet applied for admission, check out these helpful links so that you can learn more:
- College of the Arts Majors and Curriculum
- Schedule a visit: Each school within the College of the Arts hosts visit days that let you explore our facilities, classes, and meet with faculty and current students. If you haven't been to campus, we also recommend scheduling a campus tour or setting aside time to explore our campus when you visit the academic program.
- Transfer Student Application for Admission and Transfer Student Application Checklist. Make sure you complete the Undergraduate Transfer student application for admission and review the Admission Requirement List to get the most up-to-date information on transferring to Kent State University. This list includes information on how to schedule required dance, music and musical theatre auditions.
- Kent State University Transfer Student Resources offers a number of programs and resources to support your success as a transfer student including Transfer in a Flash, Transfer Student Scholarships, and Tau Sigma, the National Honor Society for transfer students.
Admitted transfer students
If you've already applied and been admitted, congratulations! We are excited to have you as part of the College of the Arts family. We would love to help you move forward, get scheduled for classes and complete your credit evaluation. Our academic advisors will help you plan classes, stay on track for graduation and help you find campus resources that support your success. Use the link below to schedule your first Advising Appointment.
Although walk-in advising is offered to currently enrolled College of the Arts students, we recommend transfer students formally schedule their appointment to make the most effective us of advising time.
If you have questions about the transfer process at Kent State or have program specific questions regarding College of the Arts majors and programs, please contact LeAnn Starlin Nilsson, Academic Recruitment & Retention Director, College of the Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org, 330-672-8392.