Ashtabula Campus Faculty Travel Policy
The following travel guidelines have been established for all Ashtabula Campus full-time TT and FT-NTT Faculty:
- The following parameters have been established by the Ashtabula Faculty Council for reimbursement of professional travel:
- Up to 90% reimbursement of allowable travel expenses for presentations of papers or posters.
- Up to 75% reimbursement of allowable travel expenses for conference attendance only.
- Costs associated with create posters are not reimbursable expenses.
- A maximum of up to $1,000 per faculty member per fiscal year (July 1 through June 30) will be allocated to cover the cost of allowable travel expenses.
- Actual reimbursements will be determined by the number of requests. Funding is NOT GUARANTEED as requests may exceed the pool of funds available.
- The University Policy Register provides detailed policies related to University travel and allowable travel expenses. It is the faculty member’s responsibility to know what is permitted as an allowable travel expense per University Policy.
- When submitting for travel reimbursement faculty must submit ORIGINAL receipts for allowable expenses as required by the University Travel Polices.
Travel Request Process
- Prior to travel Faculty Absence Authorization/Expenditure Estimate form must be completed, submitted, and approved by the Assistant Dean.
- Faculty should include with their absence Authorization form the title of your paper/presentation, if you are giving one, should be provided. In addition, information regarding the benefits of your participation/attendance should be included. This information can be provided on a separate attachment.
- Attach a copy of the conference program that details what is included in fees.
- Additional funding sources, if applicable, should be indicated. Possible funding sources include UTC, Research Council and the Professional Development Center.
- After traveling complete the online travel reimbursement workflow located in Flashline.
- Submit original travel receipts for allowable expenses to the Assistant Dean’s Secretary in Academic Affairs.