Associate of Applied Science in Enology
The Associate of Applied Science in Enology degree is designed to prepare students to enter the wine making industry and to provide professional training for existing industry workers. The courses provide opportunities for students to participate in hands-on field experiences in vineyards and wineries across the state providing students with laboratory experience in a location conveniently located to their home.
- See the full program overview by clicking the yellow button to the left
This Program is Right For You If
- You are interested in making wine on a commercial scale
- You want to work in a wine cellar
- You enjoy detail oriented work with a small group of coworkers
- You are passionate about wine and how wine is made
- You are a home winemaker who wants to increase your skills
This Program Will Teach You
- How to make wine according to commercial industry standards
- How to perform chemical analysis of grapes, juices, and wines to ensure industry and sensory standards are met
- How to use commercial winemaking equipment
- How to communicate effectively with professionals in the grape and wine industry
As a member of the Viticulture and Enology Science and Technology Alliance (VESTA), the Kent State University at Ashtabula Wine Degree programs have different application and enrollment procedures than traditional enrollment at the University. Please visit the Apply Now page for more information.