Associate of Applied Science in Viticulture
The Associate of Applied Science in Viticulture degree is designed to prepare students to enter the grape growing industry and to provide professional training for existing industry workers. The courses provide opportunities for students to participate in hands-on field experiences in vineyards and wineries across the state providing students with laboratory experience in a location conveniently located to their home.
- See the full program overview by clicking the yellow button to the left
This Program is Right For You If
- You are interested in growing grapes on a commercial scale
- You want to work in a vineyard
- You enjoy working outdoors on detailed oriented tasks in a farm setting
- You are passionate about wine and how wine grapes are grown
- You are a grape grower who wants to increase your skills
This Program Will Teach You
- How to grow grapes according to commercial industry standards
- How to perform chemical analysis of grapes, juices, and wines to ensure industry and sensory standards are met
- How to use commercial grape growing equipment
- How to communicate effectively with professionals in the grape and wine industry
As a member of the Viticulture and Enology Science and Technology Alliance (VESTA), the Kent State University at Ashtabula Wine Degree programs have different application and enrollment procedures than traditional enrollment at the University. Please visit the Apply Now page for more information.
Apply For Associate of Applied Science in Viticulture Degree